If you have spoken to a personal trainer or read about fitness, you’ve learned about the importance of your core muscles. Strengthen your core muscles, and you will inevitably strengthen your body’s other muscles. Your website should be viewed as the Core of your online marketing, ensuring its strength, will strengthen the rest of your marketing.
While there is a new popular social media platform or online marketing tool every couple months, your website remains the most valuable asset because of the control you maintain. If optimized, your website is typically one of the top results when someone Google’s your business, so placing your focus here before signing up for that new social media site should be your priority.
Here are 6 approaches you should take:
1. Have a clear and easy-to-see headline that tells people the purpose of your business. Don’t assume that people know what your company does. Using large fonts for headlines that attract attention and descriptive call-to-actions will enhance the user experience.
2. If you’re directly selling a product or service, you should explain why they need to buy and the advantages of your product in a bullet point format.
3. Give to get, if you want to get email addresses for your email marketing or attract more Facebook likes, give something away. For example, a dentist can mail a free toothbrush to people in a 5-mile radius if they join his/her email list.
4. Organization matters, treat each web page with a purpose by driving your visitor with one key message on each page.
5. Make the fonts and messaging on your website legible to all audiences. Contrary to what people believe, older people do read websites, and size 12, light grey fonts may not be legible for them.
6. Use contrasting color/shapes to make certain links and messages stand out.
Infinite Communications specializes in creating web sites and marketing material that are impressive, easy to understand and intriguing. If your business can benefit from our design expertise, call us at 818.990.9843.