The power of an optimized blog: how it can increase your exposure on the web.
A well-optimized blog is a powerful blog. You can write about the most interesting topic in the world but what’s the point if nobody can find it. Similar to a website, a blog has to be optimized for it to be easily found. Unless you have a big budget for direct marketing, getting potential clients to find you through search is the way to go. More and more businesses are moving their marketing efforts online – don’t get left behind. Using a blog is an inexpensive method of online marketing and a great way to constantly provide the latest information about your services, insider knowledge, and product/service education.
Successful blogs create brand awareness, increase web exposure, and bring out a personality behind your business. A blog does take time to create and maintain, and posting often is vital. Keep your brand in mind by maintaining a clean and professional looking blog . You have probably seen blogs with too many links, and ads, that make it hard to find relevant content. Stay away from this – overwhelming your reader can be disastrous.
Enhancing your blog for search engines
• Blogs are built on a platform that makes it easy for search engines to find. Optimizing your blog for greater search engine visibility and providing useful content are two vital approaches to a successful blog. This takes expertise and being up-to date with new optimization methods.
• Find your niche and stick to it. Base your content about your company/industry and what your prospects want to learn. Avoid creating a blog strictly for SEO to get a few more links to your main site. That method doesn’t go as far as it used to, it will just get lost in the blogosphere and never show it’s true value.
• Keep keywords in mind, these keywords should be related to your entry’s topic. Try not to be too broad or general with the keywords you use. However use keywords that you would like users to find your blog through an online search. Keep them specific but not long.
• Use the main keywords in the tag field, don’t over do it with the tags.
• Use keyword rich titles while still making sense.
• Use links with anchor text throughout the body of your post. Again don’t over do it, if it makes sense create a link and use a keyword as the link rather than something like “click here”. Here is an example – New Media Marketing
• Categorize your postings appropriately by keeping your targeted keywords in mind and not filing your entry in too many categories.
Many businesses and organizations don’t have the time, resources or knowledge to create and maintain a successful blog. That’s where Internet Marketers can provide expertise to maximize the results of a blog. Our firm’s blog is the perfect example of a properly optimized blog receiving powerful results. Look at this Google result, a week after we posted our first blog entry…
If you need explanations or further details about setting up a powerful blog call us @ 818.990.9843 or click here if you are interested in Blog Creation Services.